Keys To Entering Into Promise in 2022
As we have stepped into 2022, one of the things the Lord keeps impressing upon my spirit is the importance of not just entering into the promise but inhabiting the harvest of promises. When we stepped into 2022 we were met with an unexpected onslaught of warfare individually and on a global level. The Lord showed me the tactic of this warfare is to bring discouragement and snuff out the hope that has been building with the expectancy of the new season.
I want to encourage you not to bow to the warfare. Just because the intensity of the warfare has increased doesn’t cancel out what God has declared over 2022. Beloved don’t take the bait of the enemy. It’s just a smoke screen. The enemy can’t stop what God is going to do, but he can try to delay it so we get discouraged and give up. Don’t fall for it. Coming into the new year it seemed like we were transported back to 2020 due to the increase in the pandemic. The world once again going into a state of panic and fear. Although it may seem like a repeat of 2020, we’re not there. Don’t take the bait. Continue to declare and come into agreement with what the Lord has said over 2022.
2022 will mark a time of fulfillment. In a recent dream, I was at nice restaurant sharing a meal with a friend. I also saw the Holy Spirit and the Father enjoying a meal as well. The waiter kept bringing us these drinks in brown bottles to drink. Each time we would run out the waiter would bring the next. It was like there was an endless supply. When I began to search out the meaning the Holy Spirit began to show me this dream was about tasting and seeing the Lord is good (Psalm 34:8). And this dream is also about partaking and enjoying the harvest because this drink in the bottles was coming from the harvest that was planted. I began to think about the verse Galatians 6:9 TPT, “And don’t allow yourselves to be weary in planting good seeds, for the season of reaping the wonderful harvest you’ve planted is coming!” I believe this is a word for the Body of Christ as we have come into 2022. I pray as you read this it begins to stir your faith. What you having been doing and sowing you haven’t been doing in vain. There’s a harvest to reap and enjoy for the labor and endurance you’ve had to walk out.
Recently, the Lord impressed upon me to read Numbers 13 & 14, shared with me this is where the Body of Christ is as we have entered into a new time. These two chapters talk about the Lord instructing Moses to send out 12 spies to inspect the Promise Land. Prophetically 13 is a number that means unity, reflecting the Father, Son, Holy Spirt three in one. This is a key for us to enter into promise.
1. Unity. Unity is key for the Body of Christ for us to enter the “Promise Land” God has for. Because unity is necessary, we must guard our hearts and relationships and not allow the spirit of division to come in. As Moses released the instruction of the Lord (Numbers 13:2), the 12 tribe leaders gathered with one heart, mind, and spirit.
2. Authority. The number 12 prophetically represents apostolic authority. This is the highest representation of authority and the government of God. When the Lord begins to lead us into new territories and place whether in the natural or in the Spirit, we must go in the authority of God. The one who sent us. When we go in our own strength we don’t have the back of Heaven. As the 12 spies were sent out they were going with Heaven’s jurisdiction and backing. God’s governmental trumps man’s government.
3. Be confident. After exploring the land for 40 days the came back to give a report. The number 40 prophetically means testing and deliverance. As they scoped out the land for 40 days the Lord was testing their hearts. Would they have the capacity to really believe the Lord had given them this land despite the giants and how fortified it seemed. Numbers 13:27-28 NLT says, “This was their report to Moses: “We entered the land you sent us to explore, and it is indeed a bountiful country—a land flowing with milk and honey. Here is the kind of fruit it produces. 28 But the people living there are powerful, and their towns are large and fortified. We even saw giants there, the descendants of Anak!” Eleven of the spies began to give a negative report. The number 11 prophetically means chaos. As they released this report their confidence, and the confidence of the people began to waver because of the giants they saw.
4. Don’t bow to fear. God will often give us a glimpse of the promise to keep us hungry and hopeful. I want to encourage you just because there may be “giants” in the land doesn’t mean that God’s promise still isn’t true. God wants to empower us with his spirit to take down every giant that stands in the way of our promise. Caleb said this to the Israelites to try and break the fear, “But Caleb tried to quiet the people as they stood before Moses. “Let’s go at once to take the land,” he said. “We can certainly conquer it” (Numbers 13:30)! We must take God at His word. When we come into agreement with the Word of God it releases everything we need to conquer what stands before us.
5. Unbelief will disqualify us. If we’re not careful we’ll allow fear to influence us to the point we’ll come into agreement with the enemy. Fear will cause use to rebel against God. Numbers 14: 1-4 NLT says, “Then the whole community began weeping aloud, and they cried all night. 2 Their voices rose in a great chorus of protest against Moses and Aaron. “If only we had died in Egypt, or even here in the wilderness!” they complained. 3 “Why is the Lord taking us to this country only to have us die in battle? Our wives and our little ones will be carried off as plunder! Wouldn’t it be better for us to return to Egypt?” 4 Then they plotted among themselves, “Let’s choose a new leader and go back to Egypt!” Fear and unbelief gripped the Israelites so bad they started to plot and plan to go back to Egypt in bondage. Fear will make you think it’s safer to be in bondage than conquering the giants. But after all the miracles and deliverances they saw and experienced from the Lord it wasn’t enough to shift their heart into faith and belief. So the Lord took back into the wilderness because of their unbelief and the Lord waited for that generation to die out. The new generation would enter into promise.
6. We must be of a different spirit. We must be like Caleb and be of a different spirit. Numbers 14: 24-25 says, “But my servant Caleb has a different attitude than the others have. He has remained loyal to me, so I will bring him into the land he explored. His descendants will possess their full share of that land. 25 Now turn around, and don’t go on toward the land where the Amalekites and Canaanites live. Tomorrow you must set out for the wilderness in the direction of the Red Sea.” The thing that set Caleb apart from his peers was, he refused to come into agreement with what the was prophesying back to them. No matter what it looked like, Caleb choose to come into agreement with the promise that God has given His people the land. When we know and believe who are God is, giants are nothing in the eyes of God. Daniel 11:32 says, “The people that know their God shall be strong and and carry out great exploits.” The Spirit of the Lord will always give the advantage over our enemies.
This is the season to enter into promise. God has given you everything you need. It’s time to take the land and take down the giants holding your promises hostage.